Pain-Free Now from Sciatica
Are you letting sciatica take control of and ruin your life?! Sciatic pain is no joke. I have seen friends in agony unable to function until the pain has passed. If you suffer from sciatica, this article may well be one of the most important you will ever read. I have discovered some quick, easy, and natural techniques you can use to gain relief from your sciatic pain in just a few minutes from now. Earthclinic and my.clevelandclinic.org have provided great information that I am positive will help you. I have also provided a popular 1 Minute Sciatica Exercise Video. If you or anyone you know suffers from sciatica, please pass on this valuable information. Thank You!
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a very painful nerve condition. The most probable cause is a pinched nerve affecting the lower spinal nerves. The result is a sharp pain, similar to cramp that shoots out from the back through to the hips and buttocks toward the lower leg, making it almost impossible to sit or stand. It can occur suddenly and can be made worse if you sneeze or a cough.
Do you suffer from frequent bouts of sciatica? Do you know what causes your sciatica? The underlying cause determines the effectiveness of any exercises. If you are not sure, check with your healthcare provider before trying any of these exercises.
What causes sciatica
- A herniated or slipped disc that causes pressure on a nerve root — This is the most common cause of sciatica.
- Sodium and potassium deficiency could be another possible cause. Consuming alcohol, processed foods, sweating/exercising can deplete sodium and potassium as well as some medications.
Can sciatica be prevented?
Some sources of sciatica are not preventable, such as degenerative disc disease, back strain due to pregnancy, and accidental falls.
Although it might not be possible to prevent all cases of sciatica, you can take steps to protect your back and reduce your risk.
- Practice proper lifting techniques. Lift with your back straight, bringing yourself up with your hips and legs, and holding the object close to your chest. Use this technique for lifting everything, no matter how light.
- Avoid/ stop cigarette smoking, which promotes disc degeneration.
- Exercise regularly to strengthen the muscles of your back and abdomen, which work to support your spine.
- Use good posture when sitting, standing, and sleeping. Good posture helps to relieve the pressure on your lower back.
- Avoid sitting for long periods.
Natural Remedies for Sciatic Nerve Pain
Many individuals experience sciatic nerve pain due to misalignment and pinched nerves. Implementing practices to realign and support the spine, such as using the tennis shoe technique or stretching, offers relief. Additionally, certain natural supplements offer relief from pain and inflammation.
Tennis Shoe Technique
A somewhat less conventional treatment option, the tennis shoe technique involves setting a tennis shoe on a chair with the heel facing forward and using this as a “bike seat” style cushion. This technique functions to support the tailbone while allowing the gluts to relax. This practice also relieves the pressure of sitting directly on the center of the body.
Stretching is another option for relieving sciatica. One specific stretch that everyone should is called the chair technique. The technique involves sitting in a firm chair, crossing the knees, clasping the hands over the knees, gently pulling the knees toward the opposite should and then reversing the stretch. This stretch ensures appropriately alignment upon sitting and stretches out either side of the buttocks, relieving pain.
Natural supplements for Sciatica
Supplements are also effective for treating sciatica. Common options include ginger, blackstrap molasses and Epsom salt. These options reduce inflammation, remove toxins and offer general relief to the entire body. Sciatica can be described as nerve pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve. Most individuals experience pain that branches from the lower back through the hips and toward the lower leg. Home treatment options offer relief of the condition without invasive treatments and with quick results.
Here are the top most popular natural treatments for quick relief of sciatic pain:
Candied ginger slices
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is the cause of sciatic or hip pain. However, the ‘fiery’ taste of ginger is something that takes time for an acquired taste to build
- Fresh ginger will always be the best source for potassium, and peeled, thinly sliced ginger with a little lemon steeped in hot water for tea is good.
- Herbal ginger teas are an easy alternative, and these teas do work; however, they do not deliver the full impact of fresh ginger and must be steeped longer for effectiveness.
- The candied ginger is ideal and the sugar covers the firey taste but can present a problem for diabetics.
Tip: brew a full pot of ginger tea for the day. Use three to four slices, but use trial and error here for the strength that works for you. Place in a thermos and sip the tea throughout the day. Let the tea cool and drink it like iced tea. Be sure to pitch any unfinished tea at the end of each day – no sense in dealing with a fungus later on.
- Have a warm 15-30 minute bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts
- Drink a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of Epsom salts with some honey for sweetness
As mentioned earlier, the body can become depleted of sodium and potassium. B-12 is known to put back depleted sodium and potassium. Eating foods high in B-12 will also help.
Amazing 1 Minute Sciatica Exercise Video
Best exercise to relieve the sciatic nerve pain and cure sciatica. In this video, you will quickly learn exercises that will hopefully relieve your sciatica.
You may also like to read 8 natural treatments to relieve sciatic pain https://naturalmedicinebox.com/8-natural-treatments-to-relieve-sciatic-pain/
How to Detox Smokers Lungs Do you want healthy pink lungs? This short video contains important information about how to detox smokers lungs using natural remedies. Thankfully, you can repair…
I have just found an amazing article for those of you suffering from Psoriasis. You must check it out. its from a lady called Olivia who has a blog…